Location: Hornell, NY
Great opportunity for an Occupational Therapist at a Skilled Nursing Facility in Hornell, NY. Located approximately one hour from Rochester, just west of the beautiful Finger Lakes region.
SNF - Hornell NY - Full time - Direct hire - Mon-Fri - Days - Benefits
Occupational Therapist will assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled occupational therapy treatments, ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position reports to and assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Occupational Therapy during absences as assigned.
- Assess/screen patient's daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. Administer and interpret diagnostic and prognostic tests of function to patients in their homes or other settings to assist the physician in evaluating the patient's level of function
- Confer with the patient's physician and other health care team members and participate in development/revision of the Plan of Care Treatment
- Provide therapeutic treatment and instruction to patients in accordance with physician orders to improve/restore strength, coordination, range-of-motion and function or teach compensation measures
- Review/expand the retraining programs in a manner consistent with the behavioral goals of each patient and within the guidelines of the rehabilitation program as a whole
- Consult with other vocational team members, as appropriate, to develop and implement vocationally oriented plans consistent with the needs and capabilities of patients
- Report patient status and progress to the physician, rehabilitation staff, nanager, patient and family members
- Participate in care coordination and discharge planning activities and act as a resource to other health care personnel in meeting patient's needs
- Design community reintegration activities to assist the client in the physical reconditioning effort, and/or the psychological adjustment and coordinate the plan with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Recommend and/or design special adaptive equipment for clients to improve residence or working environments or improve their participation in the rehabilitation program and/or community
- Design/train staff and family members to carry out the retraining program including dressing, feeding, grooming and hygiene skills, participate in team and family educational meetings
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise/instruct and evaluates Occupational Therapy Assistant performance in implementing occupational therapy services
- Accurately and thoroughly document patients' care observations, interventions and evaluation on the day services are rendered. Ensure that interim (verbal) orders received from the physician are accurately documented and implemented. Submit evaluation, treatment plans and discharge summary to the supervisor and care management staff
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy required.
- New York State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents, families, and other staff members.
- Qualities of maturity and diplomacy; ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Occupational Therapist.