Location: Syracuse, NY
Growing healthcare organization located in Syracuse, NY seeks a Nurse Educator to lead the development, facilitation, and implementation of educational programs. The ideal candidate will have two years of previous teaching experience along with two years of experience in a geriatric setting and excellent communication skills. BSN/BS and RN NYS license are required, with MS preferred.
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, the educator will be responsible for the development, facilitation, and implementation of educational programs and maintenance of a positive educational milieu.
This is carried out by the coordination of programs that will continue to improve the quality of participant care through education, proper training, remediation and evaluation of Licensed Agency
- Develop implement, and evaluate new programs as needed and establish a priority system to in-service training needs under the direction of and with approval of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Develop, present, document and provide resource material for educational/training needs and programs for Licensed Agency and staff.
- Serve as program instructor for personnel training programs. and Licensed Agency
- Provide appropriate documentation of all staff in-service records.
- Coordinate present in-service programs
- Assess individual needs of Licensed Agency and staff for educational needs and remediation, both theory and clinical, and develop programs as needed utilizing available resources
- Provide academic and clinical direction and follow-up for RNs/LPNs/HHAs.
- Review resource material and maintain a resource library.
- Monitor and maintain all Education Department equipment
- Assist in establishing a priority system to in-service training needs and the development of the programs.
- Oversee educational programs and ensure programs meet all current federal, state and local requirements, regulations, and corporate policies.
- Participate in review, formulation and revision of policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Assist in the Orientation Programs as requested.
- Participate in off-site training and educational needs assessment/teaching/in-services under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services and Executive Director.
- Audit and monitor compliance of staff and effectiveness of training/educational programs.
- Attend administrative meetings or other meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate adherence to all compliance policies and procedures and the code of conduct.
- Display compliance oriented behavior in the workplace; promote compliance in the workplace.
- Adhere to service excellence by maintaining positive relationships with all customers, staff and community partners according to standards.
- Practice safety awareness and report any possible safety/environment issues to supervisor
- BSN/BS and RN NYS license required
- Two years previous teaching experience highly desirable
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and listening)
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of DOH and other relevant regulations
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- MS preferred
- Two years' experience in geriatric setting
Please send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: Nurse Educator.