Director of Rehabilitation - (OT or PT)
Location: Binghamton area, NY
The DOR is responsible for managing the daily operations of Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapies including the delivery of services, documentation, and billing. The DOR will take a primary role in retention and training of staff while assisting HR in recruitment; maintain a student fieldwork program; and continue to develop programs and therapeutic best practices that meet the needs of the subacute and long term resident populations
Position Operational Highlights
- Supervision provided to 16 therapists (7 PT, 7 OT, 2 SLP), 4 Rehabilitation aides, Assistant Director of Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Coordinator; additional per diem employees, and volunteers in coordination with the Director of Activities.
- Daily management of RUG categories and patient scheduling.
- Present weekly metrics via teleconference to corporate stakeholders: Discuss overage, RUG utilization, length of stay/outcome data, productivity, revenue/costs, program development, staffing/recruitment.
- Management of CMI with the MDS Coordinator and referral process to ensure stabilized business practices
- Prepare weekly billing checklist in preparation for month end close.
- Participate in monthly Triple Check process with MDS Coordinator, Billing specialist, and Regional MDS consultant to reconcile month end billing claims.
- Perform monthly Documentation Compliance Audit and prepare report of findings/plan of correction.
- Prepare monthly report for Administrator to address Priority Project Analysis shortcomings and budget reconciliation.
- Coordinate weekly discharge planning meeting with rehab team to include monitoring of patient functional levels, goals, and end of therapy projections.
- Prepare and present Rehab Update to Administrator and corporate facility operator as determined
- Prepare and submit Therapy Services Forecast Tool monthly to corporate Director of Rehabilitation projecting staffing needs, caseload targets, and earned revenue potential.
- Attend daily PPS Meeting to discuss RUG levels, rehab concerns with interdisciplinary Team.
- Coordinate attendance of daily "Huddles" on units with interdisciplinary team to provide therapeutic support to nursing and improve referral rate.
- Coordinate monthly rehab team meeting to facilitate program development, review of financials/productivity, and to address employee concerns.
- Participate in Marketing and program development initiatives in conjunction with Community Relations Coordinator
- Driven therapist who shares a passion for servicing the geriatric population.
- The ability to multitask and assist a diverse team in daily management is critical.
- Possess confidence in interpersonal skills including an ability to professionally communicate metrics and advocate for the needs and interests of the Rehab team and the residents serviced.
- Desire to further propel the service line to an industry leader in the the provision of sub-acute Rehabilitation.
Please send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: Director of Rehabilitation