Director of Nursing
Location: Syracuse, NY
Skilled Nursing Facility located in the Syracuse/Rochester, NY area, seeks a Director of Nursing to lead their compassionate and skilled team. Fantastic opportunity for a Nursing professional with a minimum of three years of experience in acute care and a long-term care setting, along with a Bachelors degree in Nursing. Management/leadership experience preferred. Days with no weekends required.
The Director of Nursing Services plans, organizes, develops and directs the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service Department, Education Department, Medical Records, MDS Department, Infection Control, and Employee Health Department in accordance with current standards, guidelines, regulations, and as may be directed by the Administrator and/or the Medical Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
In the absence of the Administrator, will direct the resident care policies established by the facility.
- Directs the day-to-day functions of the nursing service department, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines to assure quality care in a clinically and financially appropriate manner.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and success of the facility's quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Responsible for the oversight of the reporting of adverse outcomes for residents to the regulatory process.
- Ensure that the Nursing Service Procedures Manual is current at all times and reflects the day-to day operations in accordance with acceptable standards of practice, and participate in developing, maintaining and updating written policies and procedures.
- Develop and periodically update nursing service objectives, structure, and statement of philosophy.
- Develop methods for coordinating an interdisciplinary approach to the residents’ total regime of care.
- Oversee the Nursing Administration Managers and Clinical Practice Managers.
- Perform other similar or related duties.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Masters degree in Health , Nursing or related field.
- Minimum of three years nursing experience in acute care.
- Minimum of three years experience in long-term care setting
- Management/Leadership experience preferred at Nurse Manager, Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of Nursing.
Please send resumes to email@example.com with the subject line: Director of Nursing